BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance (International)
This course has been designed to develop the skills you need for a high-level career in accountancy, finance, banking, insurance, the public sector or general management.
You will benefit from exemptions in the following professional exams:
• Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
• Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW)
• Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants (CIPFA)
The Professional Development module in the third year helps you to develop the skills you need – presentation skills, networking, interview techniques etc – to move more easily into successful employment.
The Accounting and Finance degree course is designed to meet the needs of both students seeking a high level career in financial or business management and of employers seeking a high calibre of business graduate.
It provides you with a thorough understanding of accounting and finance within the wider context of business and management and prepares you for employment in a wide variety of managerial careers. This course secures significant exemptions from the examinations of the UK professional accountancy bodies and allows you to opt to undertake an industrial placement during your third year
PROGRAMME Undergraduate Degrees
DURATION 4 years
YEAR 1 - Foundation Year
The Foundation Year has been designed to bridge the gap between High School and effective Honours Degree Study. The modules focus on the development of key skills, including studying independently and collaboratively, critical thinking, academic and professional writing and quantitative techniques. A key focus of the Foundation Year is a collaborative project, where students will work together to develop solutions to real-world problems. Modules include:
• Critical Reflection and Thinking
• Human Rights
• Arabic for Business (Arabic Speakers) / Critical Reading (Non Arabic Speakers)
• Multi-disciplinary Project
• Foundations of Business
• Applied Mathematics
• The Modern History of Bahrain
All Accounting and Finance students study the same modules in the second year, after which you are given the flexibility to review and change your options depending on which subjects interest you the most. This approach gives you a vital foundation in key business disciplines to support the subjects you go on to study in your second and final years. It also means that all students achieve the same level of Accounting and Finance knowledge at the end of their second year. Modules include:
• Financial Management Accounting
• Business and the Accountant
• Accounting Information Systems
• Principles of Economics
• Data Analysis for Business
• Digital and Business Skills
• Financial Accounting and Reporting
• Regulatory and Economic Environment
• Financial Management Information Systems
• Financial Planning and Software Applications
• Legal Aspects of Business
• Professional Development
• Advanced Management Accounting
• Advanced Financial Reporting
• Business Finance
• The Professional Accountant
• Investment Management
• Audit & Assurance
• Statement of Graduation (Secondary School General Certificate)
• High School Diploma with an overall average of 75% over the last three years of high school (years 10, 11 and 12)
• IELTS Academic Test Score of 5.5 minimum, with a minimum of 5.0 in each component
For Direct Entry
6.0 with no element below 5.5 or equivalent.
BBC with a minimum of two A2 passes.
BTEC National Diploma:
This course offers excellent scope for any student wanting to learn how accounting and finance plays a vital role in business. Knowledge, expertise and the ability to discuss and contribute to solutions around these issues are highly sought after skills by employers across a wide variety of sectors. This course will appeal to a range of applicants and there is no need to have studied these subjects before to be successful.