LLB (Hons) Law (International)
Combining an intellectually challenging curriculum with an industry focus, the University of Salford LLB delivered at BUB gives you a grounding in the key concepts of any qualifying law degree and prepares you to embark on a high level legal career.
Preparing students for career success is a priority. Modules are designed around the current needs of employers and the legal profession. We also place great emphasis on the development of your professional skills; you will have the opportunity to practise your learning during a year’s optional work placement and develop your client care skills by helping people looking for support from our legal advice schemes. In this way, you learn to put your academic knowledge into practice.
• Earn a degree accredited by the Bar Standards Board & the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
• Develop the essential skills and knowledge for a legal career.
• Benefit from opportunities to shadow practising legal professionals.
• Gain real, hands-on experience on a work placement to develop the skills employers value.
Our Law programme is recognised by both the Bar Standards Board and the Solicitors Regulation Authority, meaning your studies satisfy the requirements of the legal professional bodies for the award of a qualifying law degree. In your first year of study, business modules will be taught alongside core law subjects to complement your legal education and give you an essential understanding of the business landscape.
As the course progresses, you will have the chance to specialise by choosing modules that are relevant to your interests or the direction in which you would like to steer your career. The Professional Development module, along with the Professional Placement offered at the end of the third year, are excellent opportunities to prepare you for the world of work and boost your CV. You will also have access to a wide number of out of the classroom activities to develop your real world skills.
PROGRAMME Undergraduate Degrees
DURATION 4 Years
YEAR 1 - FOUNDATION YEAR
The Foundation Year has been designed to bridge the gap between High School and effective Honours Degree Study. The modules focus on the development of key skills, including studying independently and collaboratively, critical thinking, academic and professional writing and quantitative techniques. A key focus of the Foundation Year is a collaborative project, where students will work together to develop solutions to real-world problems.
• Critical Reflection and Thinking
• Human Rights
• Arabic for Business (Arabic Speakers) / Critical Reading (Non Arabic Speakers)
• Multi-disciplinary Project
• Foundations of Business
• Applied Mathematics
• The Modern History of Bahrain
• Contract Law
• Legal Writing and Analytical Skills
• Legal Systems and Legal Digital Skills
• Law of Tort
• Criminal Law
• Principles of Accounting
• Public Law
• Legal Professional Development
• Equity and Trusts
• European Union Law
• Land Law
• Intellectual Property Law
OPTIONAL PLACEMENT YEAR
All of our LLB students can apply for a one year professional placement, which takes place between your third and last years of study.
This is an excellent opportunity and, over the last five years, 90% of Salford Business School undergraduates taking a one year placement secured a 2:1 or 1st class Honours degree.
We will help you find out about vacancies and make the right connections with high profile employers through regular events and presentations.
• Criminal Justice and Punishment
• Cyber Law
• Employment Law
• Artificial Intelligence and Law
• Commercial and Consumer Law
• EU and UK Competition Law
• Statement of Graduation (Secondary School General Certificate).
• High School Diploma with an overall average of 75% over the last three years of high school (Years 10, 11 and 12).
• IELTS Academic Test Score of 5.5 minimum, with a minimum of 5.0 in each component.
For Direct Entry
6.0 with no element below 5.5 or equivalent.
112-120 UCAS Points – LLB Law.
120-128 UCAS Points – LLB Law with Placement Year.
BTEC National Diploma:
DMM – LLB Law.
DDM – LLB Law with Placement Year.
31 Points – LLB Law.
32 Points – LLB Law with Placement Year.
You need to be prepared to work consistently to meet the standards and deadlines required by the academic and professional strands of a qualifying law degree.
There is a high level of self-directed study and research outside of the classroom. You will be expected to be up-to-date with news and enjoy reading, debating and developing your own arguments.
But, as well as this hard work and dedication, you will meet great people like yourself, have access to a wide range of learning activities and open the doors to an exciting and rewarding career.