BSc (Hons) Business Management with Marketing (International)
The Business Management with Marketing programme is designed to help you develop the wide range of practical skills that employers look for. Marketing is one of the most exciting, fast-paced and varied careers in the business world combining both creative and analytical skills.
Creativity, digital skills and search and social media competencies are integral parts of this course. Entrepreneurship and innovation are also central to our teaching. These are essential if your dream is to set up your own marketing-driven business, though future employers also value an entrepreneurial mindset.
By working on industry relevant, live marketing projects and activities, you will learn to implement the key theories of marketing as well as using core skills such as problem-solving, leadership, communication and data analysis. In this way, you will find creative, sustainable, digital and ethical solutions to marketing related problems. Throughout your time with us, you will build your own portfolio of professional evidence which you will be able to use to help you get a rewarding job when you graduate.
PROGRAMME Undergraduate Degrees
START DATE 4 years
YEAR 1 - Foundation Year
The Foundation Year has been designed to bridge the gap between High School and effective Honours Degree Study. The modules focus on the development of key skills, including studying independently and collaboratively, critical thinking, academic and professional writing and quantitative techniques. A key focus of the Foundation Year is a collaborative project, where students will work together to develop solutions to real-world problems. Modules include:
• Critical Reflection and Thinking
• Human Rights
• Arabic for Business Communications / Arabic for Non-Arabic Speakers.
• Multi-disciplinary Project
• Foundations of Business
• Applied Mathematics
• The Modern History of Bahrain
• Campaigns in Practice
• Data Analysis for Business
• Digital and Business Skills
• The future of Business
• Understanding Organisations
• Mobile, Media and Marketing
• Customer Experience and Value Creation
• Live Project for Digital Marketing
• Project Management
• Business Intelligence and Dashboards
• Marketing Communications
• Professional Development
o Contemporary Issues in International Marketing
o Professional Experience Year
o The Digital Workplace
o Business Accounting
o Legal Aspects of Business
o Advertising Strategy
• Advanced Digital Marketing
• Business Ethics and Sustainability
• Emerging Themes in Marketing
• Innovation and Entrepreneurship
• Leadership and Management in Marketing
• Strategic Management
o Big Data Analytics
o Technology Innovation
o Information Security Management
o Investment Management
o Climate Change and Sustainability in Business
o Marketing in Action
• Statement of Graduation (Secondary School General Certificate)
• High School Diploma with an overall average of 75% over the last three years of high school (years 10, 11 and 12)
• IELTS Academic Test Score of 5.5 minimum, with a minimum of 5.0 in each component
For Direct Entry
6.0 with no element below 5.5 or equivalent.
BBC with a minimum of two A2 passes.
BTEC National Diploma:
This course offers excellent scope for any student wanting to learn how marketing plays a vital role in business. Knowledge, expertise and the ability to discuss and contribute to solutions around these issues are highly sought after skills by employers across a wide variety of sectors.
This course will appeal to a range of applicants and there is no need to have studied these subjects before to be successful.