BSc (Hons) Business and Management (International)
This course will provide you with the necessary skills to compete in today’s competitive global markets. You will gain a wide and varied business education, preparing you for opportunities across a range of managerial careers.
All business and management students study the same modules in their first and second year. In your third and final year modules you will specialise and focus on the subjects which most interest you.
The Professional Development module in the second year helps you to develop the skills you need –presentation skills, networking, interview techniques etc – to move more easily into successful employment.
This course allows you to either specialise or follow an integrated programme and the modular design gives you considerable choice
PROGRAMME Undergraduate Degrees
DURATION 4 years
YEAR 1 - Foundation Year
The Foundation Year has been designed to bridge the gap between High School and effective Honours Degree Study. The modules focus on the development of key skills, including studying independently and collaboratively, critical thinking, academic and professional writing and quantitative techniques. A key focus of the Foundation Year is a collaborative project, where students will work together to develop solutions to real-world problems. Modules include:
• Critical Reflection and Thinking
• Human Rights
• Arabic for Business (Arabic Speakers) / Critical Reading (Non Arabic Speakers)
• Multi-disciplinary Project
• Foundations of Business
• Applied Mathematics
• The Modern History of Bahrain
All business and management students study the same modules in the second year, after which you are given the flexibility to review and change your options depending on which subjects interest you the most. This approach gives you a vital foundation in key business disciplines to support the subjects you go on to study in your third and final years. It also means that all students achieve the same level of business and management knowledge at the end of their first year. Modules include:
• Principles of Marketing
• Principles of Accounting
• Digital and Business Skills
• Principles of HRM
• Management of Business Operations
• Data Analysis for Business
The third year focus is on the management of business operations and functional areas; this will develop and deepen your understanding of the subjects in which you choose to specialise. You will take modules relating to core areas of management and continue to enhance your management skills as the programme unfolds. Modules include:
• Professional Development
• Legal Aspects of Business
• International Logistics and Distribution Management
• Business Research Analysis and Methods
• The Digital Workplace
• Financial Management and Information Systems
• Business Ethics and Sustainability
• Strategic Management
• Business Entrepreneurial Simulation Project
• Global Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
• Technology Innovation
• Service Sector Entrepreneurship
• Statement of Graduation (Secondary School General Certificate)
• High School Diploma with an overall average of 75% over the last three years of high school (years 10, 11 and 12)
• IELTS Academic Test Score of 5.5 minimum, with a minimum of 5.0 in each component
For Direct Entry
6.0 with no element below 5.5 or equivalent.
BCC – BBC with a minimum of two A2 passes.
BTEC National Diploma:
This course offers excellent scope for any student wanting to learn how management plays a vital role in business. Knowledge, expertise and the ability to discuss and contribute to solutions around these issues are highly sought after skills by employers across a wide variety of sectors. This course will appeal to a range of applicants and there is no need to have studied these subjects before to be successful.