MSc Accounting and Finance
This course is designed to provide you with advanced skills and knowledge required in the accounting, finance and corporate finance sectors.
This programme will help you gain a fundamental insight into accounting processes, both in-business and external reporting perspectives. You will learn the relevance of accountancy to company valuation, and gain a solid understanding of the fundamentals of financial management.
This programme tracks the ACCA and CFA syllabi. It will prepare candidates for careers within the accounting and finance sectors by developing their practical and transferable skills. Industry-focused, the programme culminates in the Industry Collaboration Project (ICP). This allows you to look at a real industry problem and provide researched solutions, helping you put your learning into practice.
This programme is designed for graduates with an academic background in one of the following subjects: financial and management accounting, economics, finance, management or business studies.
This qualification will equip you for a career in finance, management consulting, industry or government. As well as academic research opportunities in accounting and finance.
Candidates could become a chartered accountant, a company secretary, a forensic accountant, a stockbroker.
PROGRAMME Postgraduate Degrees
DURATION 2 Years (Part-time)
• Equity Valuation and Financial Analysis
• Corporate and Quantitative Finance
• Financial and Management Accounting
• Risk, Portfolio and Investment Analysis
Semester Two and Three
• Industry Collaboration Project
• IELTS 6.5, with no individual element below 6.
• Undergraduate degree, a minimum 2:2 honours or 2.75/GPA or equivalent
• Two years (Part Time)
• Two intensive weekend teaching periods per module, with weekly seminars
• Total fees for the two years: BD 9,950